Skills and Schemes for the Health Care Fraud Investigator
Designed for seasoned investigators in health plans and law enforcement, the Skills and Schemes Program will be held June 20 – 22 in Long Beach, California. Attendees will hear from their peers and field agents to gain insights and learn best practices in fighting fraud. From identifying improved medical record review techniques and effective detection methods, to identifying commonly abused codes and scheme red flags, attendees will participate in sessions that improve daily work. Two educational tracks offer sessions for health insurance investigators and law enforcement agents to customize their experience.
The Latest Schemes
This year’s agenda is filled with sessions on the latest schemes throughout the country. From genetic testing and home health to pain management and DME, attendees in both the law enforcement and health insurance tracks will hear about cases being investigated.
General Sessions, a law enforcement track, and a commercial insurance provider track offer a mix of sessions to focus your learning and improve your skills. Focused, concurrent sessions allow attendees to customize their learning experience. Through case studies and lectures, attendees will learn about red flags, gain tips for data mining, and expand their strategic skills.
Two Educational Tracks
Skills and Schemes offers focused training for:
Case Discussion Roundtable Meetings
Unique to NHCAA Educational Programs, attendees of Skills and Schemes can participate in the Case Discussion Roundtable Meetings. Designed as small group discussions, private insurer members come together with our public and law enforcement partners to share information and discuss active health care fraud investigations as well as schemes, trends, and fraud patterns. For more information and eligibility, contact Brian Viggiano, Deputy Director of Anti-Fraud Initiatives.
*This program has the prior approval of AAPC for 7 continuing education hours. Granting of prior approval in no way constitutes endorsement by AAPC of the program content or the program sponsor.
|Skills & Schemes||$1,230||$1,450||$1,770|
1NHCAA Member rate applies to all NHCAA Member Organizations, Affiliate Members, Individual Members, Platinum Members, Premier Supporting Members and Supporting Members.
2Government rate applies to NHCAA Law Enforcement Liaisons and other attendees from local, state and federal public agencies.
3Non-Member participants must occupy a professional position with a private for-profit or not-for-profit health care reimbursement organization, or in a local, state or federal law enforcement, prosecutorial, or regulatory agency or in a professional disciplinary organization. All registrations will be reviewed to ensure these eligibility requirements are met. If you are not in one of these positions, but wish to attend, please email us at: firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Online: closed, please complete the registration form.
- Fax: Fill out & print completed registration form. Fax form along with credit card payment information or purchase order to 202.785.6764.
- Email: Email your completed registration form along with purchase order to email@example.com.
- Mail: Fill out & print completed registration form. Mail form along with payment information to NHCAA 1220 L Street, NW, Ste 600, Washington, DC 20005. Make check payable to "The NHCAA Institute".
Registration Deadline: June 2, 2017
NHCAA accepts registrations after this date; however, NHCAA may not be able to include your contact information in the participant roster or have a certificate of completion on-site for you.
All cancellations (regardless of date) will be assessed with at $100.00 administrative fee.
- All written notice of cancellations and substitutions should be sent via email to the Education & Training team, at firstname.lastname@example.org or mail the NHCAA Institute - NETS at 1220 L Street, NW Suite 600, Washington, DC 20005.
- Before cut-off date - To cancel and obtain a full refund (minus an administrative fee) or to request a substitution, you must provide written notice to The NHCAA Institute - NETS.
- After cut-off date - If you cancel in writing after the cut-off date, no refund will be provided but credit for future training is available. All substitution requests received after the cut-off date will be charged a $100.00 administrative fee.
HOTEL RESERVATIONS & TRAVEL INFORMATION
Hotel rooms are available at the Westin Long Beach through NHCAA. To book a room, contact Danielle Strzelecki at email@example.com.
Standard Single: $224
Cost does not include a 13.39% in state and local taxes.
Reservations must be secured by a major credit card. One nights charge will be applied to the individual's card for the first night's room/tax if the individual does not arrive on the designated arrival date or does not cancel their reservation 72 hours prior to their scheduled arrival date, or leaves earlier than the confirmed check out date.
Check-in: 3:00 p.m. | Check-out: 12:00 p.m.
Self and valet parking: $24-$26 per day
Long Beach Airport (LGB)
- Distance to hotel: 13 miles
- Estimated taxi fare one-way: $25
- Distance to hotel: 22 miles
- Estimated taxi fare one-way: $55
John Wayne Airport (SNA)
- Distance to hotel: 23 miles
- Estimated taxi fare one-way: $38
*IMPORTANT: Website URLs, taxi fares, parking costs, check-in & check-out times, and other quoted prices and information may be changed at the vendors' discretion. Please confirm all costs associated with your travel prior to attending the program.