NHCAA hosts three one-day programs on the trending issues in health care fraud in San Antonio, Texas from August 22 – 24. The programs this year focus on data analytics, emerging schemes, and laboratory testing issues to give investigators the opportunity to travel once and participate in three unique, intense trainings.
Maximize your Training Dollars – Three Programs, One Trip.
Leveraging Data in Investigations
As technology evolves, investigative methodologies must adapt. This program will explore strategies and techniques to uncover and prove health care fraud through claims data analysis, statistical samples, predictive modeling, and investigation support analytics. Speakers will demonstrate a variety of data analytical techniques to visualize suspicious patterns and discuss how to successfully incorporate data into a case. For complete details, please download the agenda.
Examining Emerging Trends
Once again, NHCAA will bring together expert faculty from law enforcement and health plans to highlight emerging schemes in Medicare, Medicaid and private programs. Speakers will provide tips on the rapid identification of these schemes including discussion about innovative new medical technologies, devices and procedures hitting the market. Leave this training prepared to examine the latest trends and quickly determine what’s happening in your markets. For complete details, please download the agenda.
Understanding Laboratory Issues
Speakers will focus on continuity from order to result to billing - the synchronization required for a valid claim. Throughout these presentations, speakers will examine how to uncover laboratory fraud schemes in areas including genomics, biomarkers and drug screens using correct coding, documentation, and red flags. Participants will hear case examples, best practices. At the conclusion of the session, participants will gain a better understanding of the distinctions for physician office labs, freestanding labs, and billing for referred tests. For complete details, please download the agenda.
Case Discussion Roundtable Meetings
Unique to NHCAA Educational Programs, eligible attendees of Skills and Schemes can participate in the Case Discussion Roundtable Meetings. Designed as small group discussions, private insurer members come together with our public and law enforcement partners to share information and discuss active health care fraud investigations as well as schemes, trends, and fraud patterns. Must be a NHCAA Member Organization, Law Enforcement Liaison or Affiliate Member to attend.
1NHCAA Member rate applies to all NHCAA Member Organizations, Affiliate Members, Individual Members, Platinum Members, Premier Supporting Members and Supporting Members.
2Government rate applies to NHCAA Law Enforcement Liaisons and other attendees from local, state and federal public agencies.
3Non-Member participants must occupy a professional position with a private for-profit or not-for-profit health care reimbursement organization, or in a local, state or federal law enforcement, prosecutorial, or regulatory agency or in a professional disciplinary organization. All registrations will be reviewed to ensure these eligibility requirements are met. If you are not in one of these positions, but wish to attend, please email us at: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Multiple Ways to Register
- Online: Register online via secure transactions. Please have a Visa, MasterCard, Discover or American Express card available.
- Fax: Fill out & print completed registration form. Fax form along with credit card payment information or purchase order to 202.785.6764.
- Email: Email your completed registration form along with purchase order to email@example.com.
- Mail: Fill out & print completed registration form. Mail form along with payment information to NHCAA 1220 L Street, NW, Ste 600, Washington, DC 20005. Make check payable to "The NHCAA Institute".
Registration Deadline: August 4, 2017
NHCAA accepts registrations after this date; however, NHCAA may not be able to include your contact information in the participant roster or have a certificate of completion on-site for you.
All cancellations (regardless of date) will be assessed with at $100.00 administrative fee.
- All written notice of cancellations and substitutions should be sent via email to the Education & Training team, at firstname.lastname@example.org or mail the NHCAA Institute - NETS at 1220 L Street, NW Suite 600, Washington, DC 20005.
- Before cut-off date - To cancel and obtain a full refund (minus an administrative fee) or to request a substitution, you must provide written notice to The NHCAA Institute - NETS.
- After cut-off date - If you cancel in writing after the cut-off date, no refund will be provided but credit for future training is available. All substitution requests received after the cut-off date will be charged a $100.00 administrative fee.
HOTEL RESERVATIONS & TRAVEL INFORMATION
Hotel Cut-off: August 1 at 5:00 pm CT
All rooms are sold first come, first served. Rooms may sell out prior to the cut-off date, so book at your earliest convenience.
Participants should identify themselves as being with NHCAA. If you are a federal employee and qualify for the government rate, please also identify yourself as qualifying for the government block.
Standard Single: $169.00*
Government Single: $121.00*
*Cost does not include a 16.75% in state and local taxes.
Reservations must be secured by one night's deposit or a major credit card. One night's charge will be applied to the individual's card for the first night's room/tax if the individual does not arrive on the designated arrival date or does not cancel their reservation 72 hours prior to their scheduled arrival date, or leaves earlier than the confirmed check out date.
Check-in: 3:00 p.m. | Check-out: 12:00 p.m.
Valet parking only: $36.00 per day.
One time (non-overnight) parking available for 22 USD per day. A self-pay garage is also located across the street.
- Distance to hotel: 16 miles
- Estimated taxi fare one-way: $40.00
- SAT Shuttle Service: $19.00 (per person, one-way) or $34.00 (per person, round-trip)
*IMPORTANT: Website URLs, taxi fares, parking costs, check-in & check-out times, and other quoted prices and information may be changed at the vendors' discretion. Please confirm all costs associated with your travel prior to attending the program.