2012 Investigative Excellence Award
This award recognizes an investigator or group of investigators who have achieved significant results in the field of health care fraud investigations.
Criteria for Submission
- Nominations must be for demonstrated results achieved by August 31, 2012, and in which documented activity took place in the timeframe between September 1, 2011 and August 1, 2012. Investigative activity may have commenced prior to September 1, 2011, but must be ongoing during the September 1, 2011 - August 1, 2012, timeframe.
- Nominations must be received at NHCAA via email, mail, or facsimile no later than FRIDAY, AUGUST 31, 2012. Nominations are limited to private health insurance plans.
- Nominations can recognize one or more specific individuals or a Special Investigations Unit (SIU). If an SIU is nominated, please identify the individuals who made significant contributions to the successful result.
- Use of investigation technique(s).
- Innovative approach to the investigation.
- Overcoming unusual/unique obstacles.
- Achieving positive result(s) for the health plan and/or its beneficiaries, including, but not limited to, criminal, civil or administrative/internal action.
Selection of the Award winner will be based on the above criteria but a submission need not meet every criterion. Plans receiving recognition for the 2012 Investigation of the Year Award will not be eligible for consideration for the 2012 Investigative Excellence Award.
The Nomination Form
The 2012 Nomination Form can be completed and submitted electronically. To access the form, please click here.
Please contact the Awards Department at Awards@nhcaa.org or 202.349.7998.