Excellence in SIU Leadership
NHCAA is hosting its 2nd Annual Excellence in SIU Leadership Program on June 7-8, 2018 at the Hyatt Regency in Minneapolis, Minnesota. This highly interactive program is ideal for the rising stars in the special investigations unit (SIU).
Attendance is limited to employees of health insurance plans or an employee of a law enforcement liaison member. Tuition-Free rate is not available for this program.
Participants should be prepared for group discussions, self analysis, and hands-on learning. Dynamic sessions enable you to engage in meaningful conversations and share experiences with peers from across the country. Training and development professionals and SIU leadership will guide participants through this 1 ½ day program that maximizes your limited time out of the office. Faculty will share best practices and personal insights throughout the program to provide the optimal learning experience for new leaders.
- Unique challenges of an SIU leader
- Transitioning from manager to leader
- Leading teams with remote employees
- Establishing constructive performance metrics
- Determining strategies for communicating and adjusting your message based on your audience
- Analyzing and translating data for big picture decisions
- Understanding the legal and regulatory environment in which the SIU operates
- Broaden their understanding of the unique challenges for managing and leading an SIU.
- Learn best practices in applying data analytics across the SIU and business.
- Recognize personal leadership weakness and strengths for ongoing growth.
- Acquire a new mindset to integrate a macro organizational strategy with SIU department objectives.
This program is ideal for high-potential middle-managers and directors interested in improving their ability to lead and manage teams and enhance the success of the SIU. Attendees should be on the path to supervisory or leadership roles and aspiring to the next level in their career.
This program is a repeat of the highly successful inaugural program held in 2017. Individuals who attended in 2017 in Baltimore, MD should not attend in 2018.
This is a Level III Program Designed to meet the needs of senior investigators and managers, with a focus on synthesizing ideas and exploring strategies, concepts and information needed to direct a health care fraud investigative unit.
|Early Registration (Ends May 4)||$795||$875|
Ways to Register
Register online via secure transactions. Please have a Visa, MasterCard, Discover or American Express card available.
Fill out & print completed registration form.
Registration Deadline: May 18
NHCAA accepts registrations after this date; however, NHCAA may not be able to include your contact information in the participant roster or have a certificate of completion on-site for you.
All cancellations (regardless of date) will be assessed with at $100.00 administrative fee.
- All written notice of cancellations and substitutions should be sent via email to email@example.com.
- Before cut-off date - To cancel and obtain a full refund (minus an administrative fee) or to request a substitution, you must provide written notice to The NHCAA Institute - NETS.
- After cut-off date - If you cancel in writing after the cut-off date, no refund will be provided but credit for future training is available. All substitution requests received after the cut-off date will be charged a $100.00 administrative fee.
For more information regarding administrative policies on refunds and cancellations or to register a complaint, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
1NHCAA Member rate applies to all NHCAA Member Organizations, Affiliate Members, Individual Members, Platinum Members, Premier Supporting Members and Supporting Members.
2Government rate applies to NHCAA Law Enforcement Liaisons and other attendees from local, state and federal public agencies.
3Non-Member participants must occupy a professional position with a private for-profit or not-for-profit health care reimbursement organization, or in a local, state or federal law enforcement, prosecutorial, or regulatory agency or in a professional disciplinary organization. All registrations will be reviewed to ensure these eligibility requirements are met. If you are not in one of these positions, but wish to attend, please email us at: email@example.com.
Hyatt Regency Minneapolis
Hotel rates apply for arrival on Wednesday, June 6 and departure on Saturday, June 9.
Single Occupancy: $169.00
Double Occupancy: $169.00
Government Per Diem: Prevailing rate, currently $149.00
Hotel cut off is Friday, May 11.
The Hyatt Regency Minneapolis uses PassKey for making hotel reservations. Make reservations online.
Discounted Hotel Rate will be available until May 16, 2018. For the cancellation policy, please refer to the hotel website.
- Distance from hotel: 12 miles
- Estimated taxi fare one-way: $39*
- Super Shuttle, $17.00 each way*
*IMPORTANT: Website URLs, taxi fares, parking costs, check-in & check-out times, and other quoted prices and information may be changed at the vendors' discretion. Please confirm all costs associated with your travel prior to attending the program.