Excellence in SIU Leadership
NHCAA is launching our inaugural Excellence in SIU Leadership Program July 18-19 at the Kimpton Hotel Monaco in Baltimore, Maryland. This highly interactive program is ideal for the rising stars in the special investigations unit (SIU).
Participants should be prepared for group discussions, self analysis, and hands-on learning. Dynamic sessions enable you to engage in meaningful conversations and share experiences with peers from across the country. Training and development professionals and SIU leadership will guide participants through this 1 ½ day program that maximizes your limited time out of the office. Faculty will share best practices and personal insights throughout the program to provide the optimal learning experience for new leaders.
- Who should attend? Details This program is ideal for high-potential middle-managers and directors interested in improving their ability to lead and manage teams and enhance the success of the SIU. Attendees should be on the path to supervisory or leadership roles and aspiring to the next level in their career.
This is a Level III Program - Designed to meet the needs of senior investigators and managers, with a focus on synthesizing ideas and exploring strategies, concepts and information needed to direct a health care fraud investigative unit.
- Topics Addressed Details (1) Recognizing the unique challenges of an SIU leader
(2) Transitioning from manager to leader
(3) Building high-performing teams
(4) Strengthening your leadership communication strategies
(5) Developing a team for the future
(6) Analyzing and translating data for big picture decisions
- Program Benefits Details Participants will:
(1) Broaden their understanding of the unique challenges for managing and leading an SIU.
(2) Learn best practices in applying data analytics across the SIU and business.
(3) Recognize personal leadership weakness and strengths for ongoing growth.
(4) Acquire a new mindset to integrate a macro organizational strategy with SIU department objectives.
- Continuing Education Credits Details 9.5 CPE credits will be awarded for this program.
|View Program Agenda|
Tuition-Free rate is not available for this program. Please see rates below:
|Standard (After May 26)||$1,050||$875||$1,275|
1NHCAA Member rate applies to all NHCAA Member Organizations, Affiliate Members, Individual Members, Platinum Members, Premier Supporting Members and Supporting Members.
2Government rate applies to NHCAA Law Enforcement Liaisons and other attendees from local, state and federal public agencies.
3Non-Member participants must occupy a professional position with a private for-profit or not-for-profit health care reimbursement organization, or in a local, state or federal law enforcement, prosecutorial, or regulatory agency or in a professional disciplinary organization. All registrations will be reviewed to ensure these eligibility requirements are met. If you are not in one of these positions, but wish to attend, please email us at: email@example.com.
Multiple Ways to Register
- Online: Register online via secure transactions. Please have a Visa, MasterCard, Discover or American Express card available.
- Fax: Fill out & print completed registration form. Fax form along with credit card payment information or purchase order to 202.785.6764.
- Email: Email your completed registration form along with purchase order to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Mail: Fill out & print completed registration form. Mail form along with payment information to NHCAA 1220 L Street, NW, Ste 600, Washington, DC 20005. Make check payable to "The NHCAA Institute".
Registration Deadline: May 26, 2017
NHCAA accepts registrations after this date; however, NHCAA may not be able to include your contact information in the participant roster or have a certificate of completion on-site for you.
All cancellations (regardless of date) will be assessed with at $100.00 administrative fee.
- All written notice of cancellations and substitutions should be sent via email to the Education & Training team, at email@example.com or mail the NHCAA Institute at 1220 L Street, NW Suite 600, Washington, DC 20005.
- Before cut-off date - To cancel and obtain a full refund (minus an administrative fee) or to request a substitution, you must provide written notice to The NHCAA Institute.
- After cut-off date - If you cancel in writing after the cut-off date, no refund will be provided but credit for future training is available. All substitution requests received after the cut-off date will be charged a $100.00 administrative fee.
HOTEL RESERVATIONS & TRAVEL INFORMATION
Kimpton Hotel Monaco Baltimore
$149 plus tax (King Deluxe Room)
This discounted rate is available for arrival beginning Sunday, July 16 through departure on Wednesday, July 19. The discount rate is available until June 17, 2017 so book at your earliest convenience.
Online: please check back soon
Participants should identify themselves as being with the NHCAA or by the group code: 17401003538. Agents will not be able to find the hotel block under any other names.
For the cancellation policy, please refer to the hotel website.
- Distance from hotel: 10.6 miles
- Estimated taxi fare one-way: $34*
- Super Shuttle, $17.00 each way*
- Distance to hotel: 42.3 miles
- Estimated taxi fare one-way: $109*
- Super Shuttle, $142.00 each way*
*IMPORTANT: Website URLs, taxi fares, parking costs, check-in & check-out times, and other quoted prices and information may be changed at the vendors' discretion. Please confirm all costs associated with your travel prior to attending the program.