Boot Camp for the Health Care Fraud Investigator
One Training with Two Targeted Tracks of Learning for your Teams
Programming Designed for Both Health Insurance Investigators and New Law Enforcement Agents
NHCAA’s Boot Camp is a three- and-half-day training program designed to help your newest team members acquire an understanding of the core competencies necessary to combat health care fraud. Held twice a year for new investigators, analysts, and agents at your organization, Boot Camp is a unique opportunity to invest in building your team’s skills.
This program will review skills, tools, and technologies critical to health care fraud investigations, discuss recognition of common schemes, and teach clinical building block components (medical records, coding and terminology) vital to the detection of fraud, waste or abuse.
Sessions are led by health insurance investigators, SIU Directors, and law enforcement investigators from HHS-OIG and FBI actively working cases in the field.
Two Learning Tracks
Content for the March program is grouped into two tracks so that law enforcement agents and health insurance teams can break into sessions designed specifically to their needs.
Hands on Interactive Learning
Begin by defining the scope of the health care fraud challenge and examining each step of the investigative process from detection and choosing an investigative strategy, to effective report writing and presenting your case to other internal and external stakeholders. Participants, working in groups, will synthesize concepts by taking part in exercises woven throughout the program and an extensive hands-on case study.
Applying for your AHFI®
For anyone applying for the AHFI exam with less than 5 years experience in health care law investigations this program is required. Visit the AHFI webpage for more infomation.
Case Discussion Roundtable Meetings
Unique to NHCAA Educational Programs, eligible attendees of Boot Camp can participate in the Case Discussion Roundtable Meetings. Designed as small group discussions, private insurer members come together with our public and law enforcement partners to share information and discuss active health care fraud investigations as well as schemes, trends, and fraud patterns. For more information and eligibility, contact Brian Viggiano, Deputy Director of Anti-Fraud Initiatives.
*This program has the prior approval of AAPC for 5.0 continuing education hours. Granting of prior approval in no way constitutes endorsement by AAPC of the program content or the program sponsor.
|Health Care Fraud Investigator's Boot Camp||$1,220||$1,400||$1,795|
1NHCAA Member rate applies to all NHCAA Member Organizations, Affiliate Members, Individual Members, Platinum Members, Premier Supporting Members and Supporting Members.
2Government rate applies to NHCAA Law Enforcement Liaisons and other attendees from local, state and federal public agencies.
3Non-Member participants must occupy a professional position with a private for-profit or not-for-profit health care reimbursement organization, or in a local, state or federal law enforcement, prosecutorial, or regulatory agency or in a professional disciplinary organization. All registrations will be reviewed to ensure these eligibility requirements are met. If you are not in one of these positions, but wish to attend, please email us at: email@example.com.
Multiple Ways to Register
Registration is now CLOSED. A similar program will be offered September 12-15 in Scottsdale, AZ at the Scottsdale Resort at McCormick Ranch. Visit the webpage for more information.
- Online: register online via secure transactions. Please have a Visa, MasterCard, Discover or American Express card available.
- Fax: Fill out & print completed registration form. Fax form along with credit card payment information or purchase order to 202.785.6764.
- Email: Email your completed registration form along with purchase order to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Mail: Fill out & print completed registration form. Mail form along with payment information to NHCAA 1220 L Street, NW, Ste 600, Washington, DC 20005. Make check payable to "The NHCAA Institute".
Registration Deadline: February 23
NHCAA accepts registrations after this date; however, NHCAA may not be able to include your contact information in the participant roster or have a certificate of completion on-site for you.
All cancellations (regardless of date) will be assessed with at $100.00 administrative fee.
- All written notice of cancellations and substitutions should be sent via email to the Education & Training team, at email@example.com or mail the NHCAA Institute - NETS at 1220 L Street, NW Suite 600, Washington, DC 20005.
- Before cut-off date - To cancel and obtain a full refund (minus an administrative fee) or to request a substitution, you must provide written notice to The NHCAA Institute - NETS.
- After cut-off date - If you cancel in writing after the cut-off date, no refund will be provided but credit for future training is available. All substitution requests received after the cut-off date will be charged a $100.00 administrative fee.
HOTEL RESERVATIONS & TRAVEL INFORMATION
Participants should identify themselves as being with the NHCAA. Reservations must be guaranteed by one night’s deposit or a major credit card. Based on the hotel reservation policies, the deposit will be refunded if reservations are canceled 72 hour prior to date of arrival.
Standard Single/Double: $199.00*
Government Single/Double: $156
Cost does not include 15.75% tax or $2.00 a room night occupancy fee. Government rooms may be exempt from the 15.75% tax.
Check-in: 4:00 pm
Check-out: 12:00 pm
Complimentary Wifi for guest rooms and use of the roof-top pool and fitness center.
Hotel Monteleone valet parking for a nightly fee of $40 plus 13.25% sales tax per night. There is a limited amount of parking for oversized vehicles and vehicle over the following specifications cannot be accommodated: 9 feet, 4 inches high, 79 inches wide, 197 inches long or with a wheelbase of over 116 inches.
Louis Armstrong New Orleans International Airport (MSY)
- Distance from hotel: 16 miles
- Estimated taxi fare one-way: $50
- Shuttle one-way: Airport Shuttle $24.00 per person
- Website: http://flymsy.com/
*IMPORTANT: Website URLs, taxi fares, parking costs, check-in & check-out times, and other quoted prices and information may be changed at the vendors' discretion. Please confirm all costs associated with your travel prior to attending the program.