NHCAA continues to offer premier education and training through our webinar program. NHCAA’s webinars provide participants training opportunities on a wide range of topics from the latest in health care fraud trends and investigative best practices, to skill-building training sessions.
This year, we host both traditional webinar programs along with our expanded webinars, held on a quarterly basis.
The traditional webinar program is a ninety-minute session lead by an industry expert. Participants have the opportunity to:
- Ask questions via the chat function
- Follow a PowerPoint presentation with the NHCAA facilitator and speaker
- Each webinar programs offers CPE credits and when appropriate AAPC or other continuing education credits
The expanded webinar programs provide additional resources to participants to extend the learning and enable a more engaged discussion with the faculty after the event. Highlights of the expanded webinar programs include:
- Continued learning for teams with thought provoking group discussion (or individual review) questions based on webinar material.
- Access to the webinar recording on-demand for 30 days.
All webinars are approved by: NHCAA for 2.0 CPEs and NASBA for 1.5 CPEs
NASBA Field of Study: Specialized Knowledge & Applications
*National Association of State Boards of Accountancy (NASBA)
The NHCAA Institute is registered with the National Association of State Boards of Accountancy (NASBA) as a sponsor of continuing professional education on the National Registry of CPE Sponsors. State boards of accountancy have final authority on the acceptance of individual courses for CPE credit. Complaints regarding registered sponsors may be submitted to the National Registry of CPE Sponsors through its website: www.nasbaregistry.org.
Level II - Intermediate
Intermediate Programs where some investigative, health care and/or coding expertise is assumed and training content is focused on the investigative process, using case examples to highlight investigative strategy and techniques.
Utilizing Pharmacy Analytics
3:00 pm ET
- Review five pharmacy schemes that can be easily found through data mining including how to find, investigate, and resolve these cases.
- Analyze real cleansed data to see aberrant patterns and understand how these methods can be replicated.
- List codes that can be used for immediate data mining and discuss how red flag patterns may differ between schemes.
Fighting Fraud in the Exchanges
3:00 pm ET
- Explain the current regulatory exchange environment and the fraud and abuse challenges that have emerged.
- Examine enrollment issues and how plans are catching fraudulent enrollees, especially during the special enrollment period.
- Analyze the link between the exchanges and the rise in sober home issues. Discuss a variety of schemes being perpetrated and ways to detect and investigate.
3:00 pm ET
- Review techniques specific to telephone interviewing while gathering information for a case.
- Discuss when to apply certain interviewing strategies to maximize usefulness, particularly when dealing with senior citizens, minors, English as a second language, past employees, and other non-typical interview situations
- Create an interview plan of action and examine best practices to prepare for, execute, and conclude (i.e., report writing) an interview.
|Download Registration Form|
|Webinar Type||Tuition-Free*||NHCAA Member1||Government2||Non-Member3|
Each additional line is $85.00/standard, $105/toolkit
*Tuition-Free Registrations: Dues paying Member Organization can designate up to two tuition-free registrations per program. Dues paying Affiliate Members can designate one tuition-free registration per program. All Individual Members, Law Enforcement Liaisons, Premier Supporting and Supporting Members and non-members, including state and local, state and federal public agencies, wishing to participate will need to submit a registration form and applicable payment. All participants may purchase additional lines.
1Member Rate applies to all NHCAA Member Organizations, Affiliate Members, Individual Members, Premier Supporting Members and Supporting Members.
2Government Rate applies to NHCAA Law Enforcement Liaisons and other attendees from local, state and federal public agencies.
3 Non-Member participants must occupy a professional position with a private for-profit or not-for-profit health care reimbursement organization, in a local, state or federal law enforcement, prosecutorial, a regulatory agency or in a professional disciplinary organization. All registrations will be reviewed to ensure these eligibility requirements are met. If you are not in one of these positions, but wish to attend, please email us at: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Before cut-off date - To cancel and obtain a full refund, minus an administrative fee, or to request a substitution, you must provide written notice to The NHCAA Institute - NETS.
After cut-off date - If you cancel in writing after the cut-off date, no refund will be provided. All substitution requests received after the cut-off date will be charged a $100.00 administrative fee.
All cancellations (regardless of date) will be assessed with at $100.00 administrative fee.
All written notice of cancellations and substitutions should be sent via email to email@example.com or mail the NHCAA Institute - NETS at 1220 L Street, NW Suite 600, Washington, DC 20005.
For more information regarding administrative policies such as refunds, cancellations and complaints, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Webinars are delivered via Freestone, an online learning platform; all you need is an Internet connection.
Test your system to ensure that your webinar experience will be seamless. The system check allows you to test your interface, read recommended settings, and browse frequently asked questions.