Report Health Care Fraud
How to Report Health Care Fraud
- Call your insurance company immediately if you suspect you may be a victim of health insurance fraud.
- Contact your State Insurance Fraud Bureau.
- Visit STOP Medicare Fraud.
- File a complaint with the State Medical Boards.
- Visit Consumers' Frequently Asked Questions webpage.
Other Quick Links
For an overview of what constitutes Medicare fraud or if you suspect that fraud is being committed against Medicare, please click here.
To report Medicaid fraud, click here.
For a full list of government agency contacts and resources, click here.
To determine if a health insurer is licensed to do business in your state, check with your state's department of insurance (DOI). Plus, most DOI websites provide information and resources on how to report suspected fraud. Click here for a list of DOI websites.
Fraud Reporting & Other Resources