AHFI Prep Course – (February 2021)
In 2021, the AHFI® Prep Course will be held virtually. The Prep Course is held over one (1) month so attendees can view pre-recorded sessions in an on-demand format. Attendees can watch at their own pace, engaging with as few or as many sessions during each sitting. To earn credit for attending, individuals must watch each session and complete the course survey by the end of the month.
The AHFI® Prep Course addresses the content areas of the exam and necessary areas of expertise for a health care fraud investigator.
- The Nature and Scope of The U.S. Health Care System
- The Business and Operations of the Health Care Insurance System
- Prevention, Identification and Detection of FWA
- Investigative, Resolution and Reporting Process
- This course should serve as a “refresher” for more seasoned investigators.
- You do not need to be accepted to take the AHFI® Exam in order to participate in the Prep Course.
- The sessions were not designed to be shared or streamed with others.
- Each participant must be registered to attend in order to receive credit.
- All written notice of cancellations and substitutions should be sent via email to email@example.com.
- All cancellations will be processed with a $50 administrative fee. If received after registration has closed, no refund will be provided.
- All substitutions processed after registration has closed will be charged a $50 administrative fee.
ConcernsFor more information regarding administrative policies such as refunds, cancellations and complaints, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Details & FAQ
The AHFI® Prep Course consists of six on demand sessions which will be viewed in the AHFI® Prep Course CONNECT Community. This secure online community is for program participants. You will be able to view the sessions, download the presentations, ask questions and contact each other directly in the community. You’ll also be able to submit your questions for the speakers via the CONNECT platform. At the conclusion of the Prep Course, you will no longer have access to the session videos or materials.
The Prep Course is six (6) on-demand sessions to be taken over the course of the month. NHCAA has a recommended order in which to take these sessions should be taken. The detailed agenda is provided in the CONNECT platform at the start of the Prep Course. You can view the sessions at your own pace and as many times as you’d like during the month.
Participants will earn six (6) Continuing Professional Education (CPE) hours which are applicable to the training requirements for the Accredited Health Care Fraud Investigator (AHFI®) designation. Only those who are registered to attend and watch each available session will be eligible to receive credit. No partial credit will be awarded.
- CPEs: 6