How to report fraud
- Call your insurance company immediately if you suspect you may be a victim of health insurance fraud. (link to list below which you’ve already created on the new site)
- Contact your State Insurance Fraud Bureau. (link to list below)
- File a complaint with the State Medical Boards (link to list below).
- For an overview of what constitutes Medicare fraud or if you suspect that fraud is being committed against Medicare, please click here.
Tips for Seniors
- Never give out Medicare, Social Security, bank account or credit card numbers to a person who calls on the phone. Hang up the phone.
- No Medicare drug plan can ask a person for that information on the phone.
- No drug plan representative can come into your home uninvited, without an appointment.
- No drug plan can ask you for personal information during its marketing activities.
- You can enroll in a Medicare drug plan over the Internet, but the plan must send you a bill.